Miyerkules, Nobyembre 30, 2011

Kalabasa Pancake!

My son is such a picky eater. Even if he likes the goof stuff -bread, malunggay, orange, apple, etc. and hates chocolate and candies, it is still a challenge to have him eat a variety of food. One breakfast & snack treat that he enjoy a lot are pancakes! I placed a nutritious twist into it by placing kalabasa (pumpkin). 

Here are the super easy and quick steps by step to Kalabasa Pancake:

1) Prepare the ingredients:
     1 1/2 cups kalabasa, sliced thinly 
     2 eggs
     2 tbsp melted butter or oil
     200 ml milk 
     1 pack of 200g hotcake mix

This is what I use. Have not tried the one step mix.
2) Boil the kalabasa into the milk until it is soft enough to mash.
kalabasa should be dipped in milk so it will soften faster
3) Mash the kalabasa. You can just use a fork.
mashed kalabasa
4) Add the pancake mix and then the eggs. Make sure that the mixture is not so hot before adding the egg. Mix well.
the batter!
5) Cook the pancakes in the pan. Serve and enjoy!

This is my 1st attempt to write a recipe. I hope I placed the details clear enough!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento